As the world continues to battle with Covid-19, here in the UK we are beginning to emerge out of lockdown. This Sunday teaching series is all about reflecting on how to do this well. Over the next 3 weeks we will take time to stop, breathe and reflect. And then, we’ll think about the kind of lives that we want to have, before then choosing to look forwards with expectation.
BY: JUDY Moore
DATE: 25 APRIL 2021
BIBLE PASSAGE: Psalm 42
If you would like to know about how you can get connected with our children’s groups please contact us, we would love to hear from you.
Resources are sent out to all parents each week via e-mail. If you are not receiving these emails or would like to know about how you can get connected with our youth groups please contact us, we would love to hear from you.
- As you look back over the time since March 2020, what three words would you choose that best summarise the year?
- Read Psalm 42. What phrases in the Psalm strike you in relation to the last year? Why?
- Verses 5 & 11 are repeated. If you were to summarise these verses in your own words, what would you write?
- Part of the longing in this psalm is to meet with God, in the company of God’s people (v2, 4). What do you think it means to have a soul that ‘thirsts’ after God? When have you experienced that in your life? What might be the remedy?
- In the talk on Sunday, Judy reflects on three aspects from this Psalm: Longing; Questioning, and; Remembering. Which particularly resonates with you, and what does this look like for you?
- As we begin to emerge out of lockdown, what might it mean to ‘Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God’? (v5, 11). What does this look like in practice?
- Take some time to pray. Give to God your longing and your questions. What do you want to remember over the coming months? Ask him to help you.